Friday, December 01, 2006

Bill Watterson

He is one of my favourites. Funny and philosophical, with an intellect that seems to understand the human mind so well. His works mean a lot to me. I would go so far as to call him a genius.

I have been reading "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes" on and off from around a couple of months. I found these lines somewhere in book three of the above collection.

This one has a painted landscape of Arizona above these lines:

I made a big decision a little while ago,
I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
Even though it often might appear inconsequential

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
Left or right I'm sure I went (I wonder which it was!)
Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray,
And that is how I got to where I find myself today

This one has a creature that has the head of a hippo, with mouth open wide and the body of a bird, talons open flying above Calvin's bed while a Calvin in night clothes is being sucked into the mouth of the hippo. :-)

At night my mind does not much care
If what it thinks is here or there,
It tells me stories it invents
And makes up things that dont make sense
I don't know why it does this stuff,
The real world seems quite weird enough

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b]Nice blog u've got here :)
i've posted a comment in ur entry named passion n suicide :)
m new to to this blogging world! do visit ma blog n lemme know ur opinion bout it!
thanx


Peace & Love
Rajeev.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home