Monday, February 07, 2005

firefox rocks

This will join the ranks of those millions of blogs singing praises of firefox. I am by no stretch of the imagination (or vocal chords) a good singer or even a decent singer, but what brought out the singer in me was this wonderful feature in firefox. You can open many web-sites in the same window as tabs . OK, that by itself might have brought a smile on my lips, not peans in this blog. What blew me away was the fact that you can save all tabs in a window in a single book mark, and then later, open all of them in exactly the same way it was. Isnt that great?
I have like a dozen windows that I need to keep open and monitor. These are personal as well as browser windows dealing with work. I dont want to open them one by one after I have rebooted my system to get back to a desktop with things in place so that I can start working. This feature solves this in a trice. Great going mozilla!!
It requires a browser like this to kick M$ in the wherever and send them off to develop a good product instead of that dinosaur that they have been providing. When was the last time you saw a new feature in IE?